The Sewing Education Workshop (S.E.W) Youth Project was established, in 2018, to help inner-city youth strive in learning how to sustain, be creative and develop attributes of becoming an entrepreneur.
Building Children One Stitch at a Time
“Sewing actually reinforces things the students are learning in school, like reading, math, and art—subjects they are already familiar with. You can see when the light bulb goes off and they make the connection. But most importantly, I think the kids just enjoy the feeling of making something from nothing.”
– Omowunmi Oni-Dandridge, OND S.E.W Youth Project Founder
This workshop enables a child to learn and evolve through…
- Discovering the art of sewing can help a child learn a life skill.
- Enhancing creativity, building self-esteem, encouraging optimism, and reduce stress.
- Children developing patience and perseverance.
The OND S.E.W Youth Project entails
- Learning The Basics of Hand Stitching
- Learning How to Use a Sewing Machine
- S.T.E.A.M Exposure: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math.
- Sustainability Projects to Innovative Creations
- A Mobile Workshop – ‘My location is your location’.
Is this your organization?
Claim your organization today! This is the best way to manage and protect your organization.